NodeMCU DEVKIT board (esp8266)
The firmware of the “Simple Smart Home” for this board has limitations: she does not have full
1-wire bus controller, then connecting to it many peripheral devices (less than a dozen) will fail and the distance to the devices will be
limited to a few meters. But as a controller for a number of simple tasks, it will work in the general system
"Simple Smart Home" as a "neighbor" -controller of a neighbor, will be able to transmit information about connected sensors, relays and sensors-counters
other controllers in the system.
The concept of the Simple Smart Home can be found on the pages of our site . The project will be implemented technical support for this version of the firmware and its auto-updates will be available.
The firmware features can be seen in the demo application - esp.1vp.ru . ( The current version of the application is different from the demo! )
Board pin assignment
- D1 - Relay 1
- D2 - Relay 2
- D6 - Sensor / Counter 1
- D5 - Sensor / Counter 2
- D7 - Display with control buttons (CLK)
- D3 - Display with control buttons (DIO)
- D4 - 1-Wire bus (it is not necessary to connect a 4k7 pull-up resistor to + 5V, the LED to + 3.3V is turned on on the board)
- A0 - ADC input
The remaining contacts of the board are not used by the program.
NodeMCU device firmware
This device already has a built-in UART-USB adapter, so just connect it to the computer’s USB port.
1. Connect the device with a cable to the USB port and using the program
Flash Download Tools (ESP8266 & ESP32)
upload the firmware to your device.
2. Go to the "settings" -> WIFI on your smartphone to find the device, it will have a name like OW-XXXXXX (password is password), where XXXXXX is the number (ID) of our device and connect to it, after which you will need to see the network settings interface for your local Wi-Fi network, enter the name and password of the access point, save them. As soon as you disconnect from the device, it will connect to the network. The device address on the network will be ow-XXXXX.local , which will be needed specify in the browser. When you connect the device to the network for the first time, the WEB application will be automatically downloaded to the device’s memory from the project server, which will take some time. After that, the device will be accessible through a Web browser.